Right now, there are fighters roaming our Crown Point & Steger, Indiana neighborhoods. They are wearing pink and fighting against breast cancer, but they need your help. All this month, during Breast Cancer Awareness Month, our Merts Heating & Air conditioning employees are joining in the fight against this dreadful disease by taking part in the Catch Me In Pink™ campaign.
HOW YOU CAN HELP RAISE FUNDS & ENTER TO WIN:
- Snap an “usie” picture with one of our team members while they’re wearing their official pink apparel and submit it to our #CatchMeInPink Campaign page. For every qualifying photo that is submitted, Merts Heating & Air Conditioning will donate $5 to the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer. Each person in the photo receives an official entry to our giveaways. You may enter the drawing just once.
- Make a donation of any amount to the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer research by visiting our crowdfunding page here. Receive one entry to our giveaways for any donation amount.
YOU COULD WIN A TROPICAL TRIP FOR 2
You could be the winner of our national grand prize! It includes:
- 7-night stay at a top resort in a tropical destination
- Roundtrip airfare for two
- $500 Visa ® gift card
- Vera Bradley Luggage Set
As well as the chance to win weekly prizes.
Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer
The simple truth is just about everyone has a family member, friend, or co-worker who has been affected by breast cancer. Thanks to research funded by organizations like the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer, more and more women are surviving their fight. Many do not. This is your chance to honor the survivors and the memory of those who lost their fight.
The co-founders of the Vera Bradley company formed the foundation to honor the loss of a dear friend in 1993. To date, more than 30-million dollars has been raised for the Vera Bradley Foundation Center for Breast Cancer Research at the University of Indiana School of Medicine.
More than 30 researchers are working together to discover ways to treat, prevent and cure breast cancer. Here are just some of the ground-breaking work they are doing:
- Discovering biomarkers to identify and reduce the painful side effects of treatments
- Studying patient gene signatures and protein markers for P13K inhibitors, research which can suppress tumor growth
- Activating the immune system to treat triple-negative breast cancer, a type of cancer that doesn’t respond well to more traditional treatments
- Mapping the genome and proteome of normal breast tissue – a resource to help researchers worldwide to understand cancer
This exciting research is one of the reasons why Merts is so excited to take part in the Catch Me In Pink™ campaign for a second consecutive year. Learn more about the foundation at www.verabradley.org.
The easy way to do your part
Schedule your next service call this month. When the Merts technician shows up at your home, snap the #usie and submit the photo. The money from each picture could make a difference in someone’s life. This is just one more way Merts is giving back to the communities we serve.\
*Weekly prizes will be announced every Wednesday so be sure to check into our Facebook page to see if you are a winner. Grand prize winner will be announced on November 17, 2023 on our Facebook page. All entries must be received by 11:59PM on October 31, 2023 to be included in the grand prize drawing. See complete terms and conditions here.