Most people are familiar with traditional central air conditioning and stand alone heating options like boilers or furnaces. What many aren’t aware of is a very versatile option that packs a double punch. The ductless mini-split system offers both heating and cooling and can be used in a variety of circumstances.
SO HOW DOES A MINI-SPLIT SYSTEM WORK?
The ductless mini split was introduced to the HVAC industry by Mitsubishi in 1959. Merts Heating & Air Conditioning is proud to say we are a Diamond Contractor for Mitsubishi Electric, still one of the leading manufacturers of ductless mini-splits. To achieve this distinction, Merts has demonstrated expertise in a wide range of Mitsubishi products and services. What this means for you is our technicians have reached an exceptional level of training and overall customer satisfaction.
The demand for ductless mini-splits has grown over the years. Simply put, the ductless mini split system features an outdoor condenser, which can deliver cooled air to as many as four individual air handlers, which are usually mounted high on an interior wall. The connection between the condenser and air handler requires just a three-inch hole in the wall, and the condenser can be hidden outside as far as 50 feet away. It’s a great option for added spaces to a home, or rooms in which it is difficult to maintain consistent temperatures, such as over-the-garage bonus rooms or all-season rooms.
Ductless Mini Split Advantages
- If indoor space is limited and duct work is not already in the home, a mini-split system works well.
- Up to 4 indoor air handlers can operate off of 1 outdoor condenser unit, meaning multiple rooms can easily be heated or cooled.
- Mini-splits are not difficult to install or operate. Many units have the added benefit of a remote control.
- Mini-splits are very energy efficient since they are fitted to individual rooms & run only when needed.
- With no ductwork & the usual dust or dirt by-products, a ductless mini-split system is very allergy friendly.
- Like other HVAC options, twice yearly inspections are still recommended for a mini-split system, but overall, a ductless mini-split system is very low maintenance.
Leading Experts With Brands That Fit Your Needs
In addition to working with premier brands like Bryant, Merts Heating & Air Conditioning is a Diamond Contractor for Mitsubishi Electric, one of the leading manufacturers of ductless mini split heat pumps. This means Merts Heating & Air Conditioning has reached an exceptional level of training and customer satisfaction. To achieve the Diamond Contractor status our team has demonstrated expertises in a wide range of products and services from Mitsubishi.
THE EXPERTS AT MERTS HAVE OPTIONS THAT WORK
Merts Heating & Air Conditioning is proud to offer high quality equipment from both Mitsubishi and Bryant. The reliability and efficiency of these brands are second to none and both offer a variety of options to meet every heating and cooling need. Learn more about how a ductless mini-split might be the best option for your HVAC needs by calling the pros at Merts Heating & Air Conditioning today.