HVAC systems are the lifeblood of commercial buildings, fostering a comfortable environment for work and productivity. There are various types of HVAC systems, each with its own unique features and benefits. Merts Heating & Air Conditioning offers several different HVAC systems for commercial buildings, depending on your structure’s specifications.
The Different Types of HVAC Systems for Commercial Spaces:
1. Single Split Systems: The most common type for small commercial buildings. These systems are cost-effective and offer individual control of different zones. Each system serves a single zone with its own thermostat, allowing for precise temperature control. In the event of a breakdown, only the respective zone is affected, ensuring minimal disruption.
2. Multi-Split Systems: While these operate similar to single splits, the difference is a single outdoor unit connects to multiple indoor units. These systems are energy-efficient and allow for mixed and matched components to cater to specific needs. The flexibility in design makes it suitable for buildings with varying heating and cooling requirements.
3. VRF and VRV Systems: Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) and Variable Refrigerant Volume (VRV) systems are efficient and scalable, ideal for medium to large commercial buildings. These systems provide simultaneous heating and cooling to different zones, capitalizing on heat recovery. This is advantageous for buildings with varied room usage, ensuring optimum comfort and efficiency.
4. Chillers: Utilized in large commercial settings, chillers generate cold water circulated through a building’s air conditioning system. They come in four main types – air, water, centrifugal and reciprocating, each with different capacities and efficiencies.
5. HVAC with Furnace: Best suited for colder climates, these systems use a traditional furnace in combination with an air conditioner to provide heat during the winter and cooling during the summer.
6. Boiler systems: With output ranges from 100,000 to 5 million BTUs, a boiler system can be a great heating solution for overall comfort.
Choosing the right HVAC system for a commercial building requires an understanding of the building’s size, our Midwestern climate, overall occupancy and operational needs. Merts Heating & Air Conditioning has over 70 years of experience delivering superior HVAC systems for commercial buildings.
Merts knows you have choices when deciding which service company will best meet your commercial HVAC needs. For the highest level of skills and experience, contact Merts Heating & Air Conditioning today.