There simply is no way to be totally prepared for the failure of your home’s HVAC system. Even if you knew that your system was nearing the end of its lifespan, there is never a good time for an AC replacement. Even if you have the financial resources set aside for such expenditures, it still stings when you have to write that check.
Then there is the feeling of being at the mercy of the HVAC contractor you hire to give you a detailed estimate and ultimately perform the AC installation. The good news is that your friends at Merts Heating & Air Conditioning are here for you. Merts has been installing and repairing heating and cooling systems in the Steger, IL region and Crown Point, IN area since 1952, so we are the best at what we do. Our licensed professionals understand how crucial installation is. When you call us to schedule a system analysis and new system estimate, our specialists will help you determine what system is the best fit for your home and your budget.
Ask the Right Questions About Your AC System
This is obviously a major expense and you want to make sure you ask the right questions and get all the information you can from our licensed professionals. We look forward to helping you, but here are some questions you should ask of any HVAC contractor who is providing an estimate:
- What size or load capacity system does my home need?
- Is the current ductwork usable?
- Are there any new technologies I should consider, like ductless mini-split systems? What about programmable or Wi-Fi thermostats?
- Is the new system energy efficient, and what is the seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER)?
- Are there any rebates or tax credits available for my system purchase?
- What is the timetable for the installation and what guarantees do you offer?
With those questions in your back pocket, here is a rundown of what to expect when our HVAC consultant comes to your home to visit with you about your air conditioning estimate:
- Home exploration. We want to get to know you and your home. How many square feet is it? Are some rooms hard to heat or cool? How many windows are there, and which way are they facing? These are important details.
- What is your family’s lifestyle? What temperature do you normally like to keep your home in the summer and winter? Does anyone in your family suffer from allergies or other health problems connected to air quality?
- Cost estimate. After we have analyzed your home, specified your comfort needs, and determined which kind of system we think will best suit your home, we will put together a custom estimate for your new system installation.
Call Merts for Your AC Replacement or Installation
Merts will be happy to answer all of your questions and more when you choose us for a new system installation estimate. We know it is a major expense and we have special financing options available. Call us today and let us guide you through the stress of an AC replacement in your home. We are here to help!