When the temperatures begin to dip, you want to know that you and your loved ones will be cozy and warm with no unexpected equipment breakdowns. Fortunately for homeowners in the Steger, Illinois and Crown Point, Indiana areas, Merts Heating & Air Conditioning trains their technicians to thoroughly inspect and check the components of home heating systems during our annual furnace maintenance visit to ensure they are ready to operate efficiently and safely.
Furnace Maintenance In Your Home
Performing comprehensive furnace maintenance is our job, but there are several things homeowners can do to ensure their indoor systems are good to go for the long, cold Mid-Western winter. To help you prepare, Merts has put together the following list of DIY actions you can take to make sure your home comfort systems are good to go:
- Rake leaves and other yard debris to prevent your outdoor unit from not running properly.
- Check or change your air filters to make sure they are clean. Dirty air filters make your system work harder than it should to keep the indoor temperatures as you like.
- Make sure your registers are free from dust and debris. Regular cleaning will keep the air flowing freely.
- Be aware of any unusual noises coming from your system. If you hear banging, clanging or rattling and are unable to identify the source, our professionals are ready to help get your system operating smoothly. Call today.
- Be sure combustible materials are stored away from your furnace.
- Replace the batteries in your carbon monoxide and smoke detectors.
- Schedule your annual fall furnace maintenance. To keep heating costs as low as possible and ensure that your heating system is running efficiently and at its best, call Merts Heating & Air Conditioning today for your furnace maintenance appointment.
Call Merts Heating & Air Conditioning for Your Fall Furnace Maintenance
It’s important for health, safety and overall comfort to have your home heating system inspected regularly. Parts wear out from normal wear and tear. Air filters and components get dirty as your system operates daily to keep you warm when it’s cold outside. Protect your loved ones and keep your system warranties valid by scheduling annual furnace maintenance today. Make sure your heating system is ready before you need it.