During fire prevention week, Merts Heating & Air Conditioning is stressing the importance of annual furnace maintenance. It’s not a marketing scheme or a way to scare homeowners into spending money on something they don’t need. Winters in the Steger, Illinois and Crown Point, Indiana areas account for a quarter of the year, and the low temperatures can be frigid. You want to be sure your furnace is running properly and safely when it’s needed.
Furnace maintenance is a vital aspect of home upkeep that should be performed by a trained HVAC professional. Without it, you run the risk of operating a heating system that is faulty and may cause harm to your loved ones or cause material possessions to be lost.
But there are other reasons why regular furnace maintenance should be on your annual to do list.
Why Schedule Annual Furnace Maintenance?
- Industry experts state annual furnace maintenance is the most economical way to ensure your heating system will run efficiently, safely and optimally when you need it.
- By being proactive and scheduling an annual furnace inspection, a Merts technician will complete a comprehensive check of your heating system. Any broken or malfunctioning parts will be repaired.
- Most HVAC manufacturers require regular maintenance to maintain their warranty provisions, which may save money in the long run should any major issues be discovered and will extend the lifespan of your equipment.
Merts Heating & Air Conditioning offers our Energy Savings Agreement (ESA) as a sound investment to our customers. In addition to an affordable monthly payment option, some other great benefits of purchasing an ESA are:
- You’ll get priority 24-hour service.
- Enjoy a 10% discount on service and accessories
- No overtime charges
- Two comprehensive inspections each year, one for heating and one for cooling
- 2-year warranty on all Merts-installed repair parts